Sunday, February 5, 2012

Us Being Us - The First Time

The first drawing. "Us Being Us."


High school is only cool when you have best friends by your side. It's only because of the best friends that I had then that I am who I am now. They are the ones that taught me the costumer isn't always right, sometimes its the person next to you who has the best ideas, and together you can make something incredible.

I don't remember when or why I started drawing my friends as - what anime artists call - "chibi's" but it is something have doing since sophomore year, about 5 years. The very first drawing was just one of my friends: Lara, Gayle, Haley, Elle, Katie, and me; all of us just being us. Over the years, we gained more friends lost others and have since grown into the wild spread friends that are still as tight as ever. We argue, disagree, smile, laugh, and most times act as sisters.

This blog is for the girls that have been an inspiration to me. I've had comments to me about how well I capture a person in a drawing without drawing realistically. People have noticed how I can capture the spirit and personality in a still drawing. I love drawing, it is a privilege to be able to draw my friends. I have seen how these amazing women have shaped me and I pray that we will always be together, no matter where we are.

1 comment: